Tuesday, December 14, 2010

"a straight line is not the shortest distance between two points..."


One inexorable truth is that creatives are by nature fantasists.

Having realized this glaringly obvious fact, I am supremely comforted. My tendency for mind wandering, for indulging in pure fantasies, was shameful and embarrassing to admit to any but the like minded. But as we all know, imagination drives new ideas. Extravagant, unrestrained fantasies have created some of the greatest inventions in history. So please excuse me, I'm off to have a conversation with Michelangelo in my head.

But first, I'm buying tickets for my kids to see A Wrinkle In Time at Round House Theatre Bethesda. Pure fantasy, purely magical.




For special discounted tickets, you MUST call 240.644.1100
Kids are $10 Monday thru Friday, $15 Saturday and Sunday. This specially discounted price is available for all patrons age 30 and under.


Photo of Erin Weaver by Scott Suchman
"A straight line..." quote by - Madeleine L'Engle, A Wrinkle in Time

No comments:

Post a Comment