The family of Ted Kliman is excited to announce the winner of the first annual Ted Kliman Memorial Award for Young Artists- meant to honor the legacy of the acclaimed Washington, D.C. artist who passed away in 2009.
This year’s award goes to 14 year old Romare Marshall, a freshman at Landon School in Bethesda who lives in Hyattsville, MD. Romare’s talent is quite remarkable, and he plans to become an art historian. He is using his $500 award to take painting and drawing classes over the summer. His work will be on display, and available for purchase, at The Daily Dish as part of a group show through mid June. Pictured above: A Trio of Skulls by Romare Marshall.
CELEBRATE with us Tuesday, May 17th!
Gather at The Daily Dish restaurant and bar in Silver Spring from 6:00-9:00pm for the award and silent auction benefitting TKMAYA. Guests of the event will enjoy complimentary hor d’oeuvres and 10% off food. Additionally, Tuesdays are half price bottle of wine at dinner!
AUCTION ITEMS include:
• Fine Art print by Ted Kliman
• Be a food critic for a night! Dinner with a Food and Wine Editor and Restaurant Critic
• Artwork from Eileen Cave
• Recycled Sterling Silver earrings from MiSHi Artisan Jewelry
• $50 Gift Certificate to KBQ Barbecue
• Voice lesson from Ellen Kliman
• Signed copy of The Wild Vine by Todd Kliman
• Calligraphed framed print of the poem Desiderata
• Foodie gift basket
• Gorgeous cookbooks, and more!
The Daily Dish
8301A Grubb Rd.
Silver Spring, MD. 20910
Get there early for happy hour! 3:30-6pm:
$5 Martinis, Tap Beers, & Rail drinks
$4 House wine & select beers
$5 Select Appetizers!!!!